Our Curriculum is about:
• connecting: seeing relationships and combining in new ways
• risking: having the self-confidence and freedom to fail and keep trying
• envisaging: being original and imaginative about what might be
• analysing: asking critical and challenging questions
• thinking: taking time for reflection
• interacting: sharing ideas and collaborating
• varying: testing options and trying in different ways
• elaborating: exploring and fiddling and doing the unnecessary to perfect
Our curriculum promotes higher order thinking skills and endeavours to challenge the children through questions.
In Key Stage 1, we use the Read, Write, Ink scheme for Phonics and to teach reading. Key Stage 1 are taught through play and continuous provision. Children are set learning challenges throughout the week, linked to a topic that allows the children to work independently on tasks that they are interested in and skilled adults move their learning on.
For more information about the curriculum at St. Edmund's, please contact the School Office.